Whiskers and Tails – our exciting collection of Junior Ranger Safaris are designed for the young (and the young at heart) looking for unique holidays in Sri Lanka. (Our Guides certainly know their onions about ecology and animal behaviour).
Our range of experiential Junior Ranger Safaris
* Jeep safaris and wilderness treks to learn about animal behaviour, identification and how to follow the spoor
* Monkey Treks, Wild Treasure Hunts and Alarm-call Walks
* Make your kids think about how people & animals crave for water, food and space on a tiny island
* Become Nature Guides – learn about elephant moms and babies, how leopards hunt, why bears dig the ground, and tune in to nature’s noises!
* Eco Lodge Writer’s Retreat for kids. A fun filled three days in unique Eco Lodges in Tangalle, Sigiriya and Yala where you explore the wilds and rural villages and turn them into words with a famed poetess.
* Add on a Junior Ranger Safari to our bespoke family holidays – Classrooms in the Wild and Tea, Trains and Elephants to visit Sri Lanka’s best cultural sites.
* The choice of activities will depend on the ages of the kids
3-5 day Junior Ranger Safaris
Tented Camps: Udawalawe | Yala Block 5 | Kumana | Gal Oya
Eco Lodges: Sigiriya | Tangalle | Yala
*Includes accommodation/ English speaking child friendly professional guides/ 24-hour operational support
We can offer you a 2 night Junior Ranger Safari depending on the location.
Tell us when you wish to travel and we will advise you on the best route depending on where it is likely to rain during the two monsoons that fall on our island.
Talk to us about your preferred accommodation and we can always create a bespoke Junior Ranger Safari.
Once you get to your safari location - very little.
Yes, we can add on a beach stay. From November to April, the West, South West and Deep South of the island are bathed in sunshine and with calm seas. You can stay along this coast even in the Summer months of July and August but seas are slightly rough. From May to October, you find some of the world’s best beaches in the stunning East Coast where you can wade out for hundreds of feet into the clear blue shallow seas.