Travel through ancient roads overflowing with culture and history. A road where wild elephants roam. A road that meanders through the agricultural hinterlands of Sri Lanka and leads you to indulge by the east coast seas.
A glimpse into your experiential slow holiday East
* Cycle around Royal Kingdoms and sacred ruins
* Experience the sunrise at the birthplace of Buddhism – Mihintale and sunset in the sacred city of Anuradhapura
* Explore sleepy fishing villages
* Watch pods of Dolphins play in the wild seas or wild elephants gather on land
* Find the inner you in our jungle farmer’s village foodie experience
* Take a local market walk that delights you with sounds, sights and smells
* Live a day out on a coconut estate
11 Day Sri Lanka slow travel itinerary
Negombo | Anuradhapura | Kuchchaveli | Polonnaruwa | Kurunegala
*Includes meet and greet at airport / English speaking chauffeur with luxury vehicle / 24-hour operational support
Each route can be tailor made to suite your travel dates.
It can be offered all year but talk to our Travel Designers about when to travel to avoid the north-east monsoons.
Yes, wherever, there is a choice of accommodation we can always offer a mix.
If you want to cover all locations in a route you will need to travel a fair distance between each place, but once you get there, it all slows down to a leisurely pace.
Yes, this tour has some lovely adventures for kids on holiday in Sri Lanka.
Yes, our Travel Designers can advise which beach to stay at. From November to April when the monsoons hit the east, the best beaches are in the West, South West and Deep South of the island. You can stay along this coast even in the Summer months of July and August but seas are slightly rough. From May to October, you find some of the world’s best beaches in the stunning East Coast where you can wade out for hundreds of feet into the clear blue shallow seas.