Travel Deeper. South Sri Lanka is not just about the Galle Fort, the Mirissa experience and the beach villas. Immerse yourself in a sleepy southern village. Be a local, smell the earth, meander through mangroves, get spice on your hands. Here’s a slow travel holiday with the right kind of must-see highlights of Sri Lanka thrown in.
A glimpse into your experiential slow travel holiday
* A hidden eco retreat where walks along the lagoon are a must
* Sleepy village roads lead to the home of locals who love to teach you to thatch coconut leaves or make buffalo curd.
* Meet a local boatman for a slow ride through mangroves
* Spice up your day cooking a local curry with the resident chef
* The Rice Paddy experience
* A day in the life of a mountain farmer enroute to the magnificent rock statues of Buduruwagala.
* Unwind by the soft sunny beaches of Galle or Mirissa
* Leisurely strolls around the Galle Dutch fort.
* Ideal slow holiday with children
8 Day Sri Lanka slow travel itinerary
Tangalle | Wellawaya | Galle
*Includes meet and greet at airport / English speaking chauffeur with luxury vehicle / 24-hour operational support
Each route can be tailor made to suite your travel dates.
Yes, but talk to our Travel Designers about best time to travel to avoid rains
Yes, wherever, there is a choice of accommodation we can always offer a mix.
If you want to cover all locations in a route you will need to travel a fair distance between each place, but once you get there, it all slows down to a leisurely pace.
Yes, this tour has some lovely adventures for kids on holiday in Sri Lanka.
Yes, our Travel Designers can advise which beach to stay at. From November to April when the monsoons hit the east, the best beaches are in the West, South West and Deep South of the island. You can stay along this coast even in the Summer months of July and August but seas are slightly rough. From May to October, you find some of the world’s best beaches in the stunning East Coast where you can wade out for hundreds of feet into the clear blue shallow seas.