Just an hour and a half away from Colombo, Galle or Bentota - spend a day in a quiet part of Sri Lanka where simple homes and simpler needs are fulfilled by hard working rural village folk who gladly welcome you into their tiny village homes. Be inspired by traditional Sri Lankan livelihoods. Livelihoods that are a dying art. You will never forget the hospitality of these smiling folk who love to teach you their craft….or the incredible home cooked Sri Lankan food you will enjoy for lunch.
A glimpse into The Artisans Trek Day Tour, Sri Lanka
* The rubber tree experience
* The Cane and Brass experience
* The Potters Wheel experience
* Visit an ancient village temple
* Foodie indulgence with a village styled home cooked lunch
* Minimum 2 pax required to confirm tour
* Small group (8 to 12 max) day tour from Colombo, Galle or Bentota with a local expert, learning about unique locales along the way
* Cycle Tour – this day tour from Bentota, Colombo or Galle can also be offered as one of the most unique cycle tours in Sri Lanka for any fitness level. (If you only cycle for fun, you are most welcome to join this tour). More experiences can be included into the cycle tour. Helmets are provided. Van support will be available throughout the cycle tour.
*Includes an English-speaking Guide / Pick up and drop off from your accommodation within Colombo City Limits, Bentota or Galle / Luxury AC Van / meet a minimum of 4 village artisans / Sri Lankan village lunch
We can accommodate virtually any food lifestyle. Just let us know about dietary restrictions prior to confirming the booking and we will advise you on how best we can tailor make the tour to suite your needs
This day tour from Colombo, Galle and Bentota is available all year on request but please enquire from our Travel Designers if it’s available during specific public holidays.
Travel insurance, additional meals and trip cancellation insurance
We require a 50% advance payment via bank transfer to confirm the tour. Balance to be paid in full 2 days prior to the start of the tour.
Tips and gratuities are not compulsory but will be most welcomed by the simple village artisans and the Guide. You may also purchase the lovely hand- made craft items they have made in their homes.