A look into the British, Dutch and tea heritage of Sri Lanka’s cuisine now entrenched into Colombo’s cosmopolitan dining culture as local favorites. Take an insightful guided tour through a bohemian part of Colombo City where upscale shopping arcades lead to tree-lined residential streets and a collection of restaurants. 4 tastings in two hours plus, ending at the vibey pavilion of an architectural masterpiece that has become a must-visit haunt for the artiste, the foodie and every culturally curious traveller to Sri Lanka’s shores.
A glimpse into The Curious Foodie Colombo Food Tour, Sri Lanka
* 4 culturally infused tastings
* The art of fine Ceylon Tea
* Delectably Dutch-Ceylonese Food
* The ultimate rice and curry experience in Colombo’s most eclectic garden café
* Fusion desserts at the Architect’s haunt
* A glimpse into culturally infused food in a bohemian part of Colombo City
* Minimum 2 pax required for tour to depart.
* Small group (8 max) city tour in Colombo (that includes driving around in a 4 km radius) with a local expert, learning about unique locales along the way
* Disability friendly tour – this foodie tour is ideally suited for disabled travellers, those with mobility problems and seniors (as a private tour).
* Includes 4 food tastings, tea tasting and non-alcoholic drinks / English speaking Guide
We can accommodate virtually any food lifestyle. Just let us know about dietary restrictions prior to confirming the booking and we will advise you on how best we can tailor make the tour to suite your needs
Daily at 10.45 am except public holidays
Travel insurance, additional tastings, non-alcoholic beverages and trip cancellation insurance
We would require a 50% advance payment via bank transfer or a credit card number to confirm the tour.
Tips and gratuities are not required for this day tour.