Discover what the locals eat on the backstreets of Colombo’s busy old quarters in this unique Colombo City Walk. Bring your sense of humour as you rub shoulders with tuk-tuks and street vendors, gape at big trucks on narrow roads as they jostle their way between tiny shops full of colour! A side of the City you will never explore without a tour with a local! 8 Tastings in two hours plus.
A glimpse into The Other Side of Colombo Food Tour, Sri Lanka
* 6 Tastings of Street Food and drink from food carts and tiny corner-cafes
* Taste the fried street wonders, the fresh fruit, the arab influenced treats and more
* Don’t miss out the taste of ‘Yaara’ tea – the way we locals make it.
* Wander down streets with little tuks and big trucks as your expert guide makes the city’s history come to life
* A glimpse into the everyday-lives-of-everyday-SriLankans in the historic old quarters of Colombo where traces of Arab, Dutch, Portugese and British influence lingers in trade, architecture, and of course, the street food.
* Child-friendly day tour
* Minimum 2 pax required for tour to depart.
* Small group (8 max) city walking tour in Colombo with a local expert, learning about unique locales along the way
* Disability friendly tour – this foodie tour can be modified to suite disabled travellers, those with mobility problems and seniors (We may not be able to take you to the narrowest streets but the tour can be modified as a private tour)
*Includes food tastings / English speaking Guide / tuk-tuk ride back to the Dutch Hospital Precincts
We can accommodate virtually any food lifestyle. Just let us know about dietary restrictions prior to confirming the booking and we will advise you on how best we can tailor make the tour to suite your needs
Daily at 4 pm if there is a minimum of 2 pax- except Sundays and public holidays
Travel insurance, transport, additional tastings and trip cancellation insurance
For bookings over 4 pax, we would require a 50% advance payment via bank transfer or a credit card number to confirm the tour.
Tips and gratuities are not required for this day tour.