No matter from where in the world you are, you will just love Ayu in the Wild’s Flavours of Sri Lanka foodie village tour in Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka. Unforgettable! Humbling! Inspiring! Words from our guests who have walked through village roads to spend time at this jungle farmer’s humble and scenic abode for their cook like the locals experience.
A glimpse into The Jungle Farmer’s Foodie Day Tour, Anuradhapura Sri Lanka
* Insights into the livelihoods of a slow moving rural village
* The rice field experience
* Learn how jungle farmers protect their crops from wild animals
* The spices of Ceylon experience
* Hands on cook-like-the-locals experience
* Foodie indulgence with a home cooked lunch
* Minimum 2 pax required to confirm tour
* Small group (8 to 15 max) day tour from Anuradhapura with a local expert, learning about unique locales along the way
* Disability friendly slow travel tour – this foodie day tour can be modified to suite disabled travellers, those with mobility problems and seniors (We may not be able to take you to the smallest village markets but the tour can be modified as a private tour)
*Includes an English speaking Guide / Pick up and drop off from your accommodation Anuradhapura / AC Van / hands on cooking experience / Sri Lankan home cooked lunch
We can accommodate virtually any food lifestyle. Just let us know about dietary restrictions prior to confirming the booking and we will advise you on how best we can tailor make the tour to suite your needs
This day tour from Anuradhapura is available all year on request but please enquire from our Travel Designers if it’s available during specific public holidays and during the monsoon rains.
Travel insurance, additional meals and trip cancellation insurance
We require a 50% advance payment via bank transfer to confirm the tour. Balance to be paid in full 1week prior to the start of the tour.
Tips and gratuities will be most welcomed by the simple jungle farming family and the Guide.